ByFusion is a waste to infrastructure company dedicated to providing innovative solutions to address the global plastic crisis.
Recognized by Fast Company, The New York Times, US Green Building Council Net Zero Accelerator, B Corps Best for the World, 1% for the Planet’s Innovation of the Year, Waste Dive’s ‘Most Disruptive Innovation of the Year’, and an essential cog in the wheel of circular economy, our systems convert all types of waste plastic – including marine debris and fishing nets – into an advanced building material called ByBlock® that enables communities, corporations and governments to block plastic waste for good!
ByFusion believes Earth and our team are our most valuable resources. We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion throughout our company. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Our relatively flat organizational structure keeps everyone informed and enables people to get involved in solving the problems they care about most.
We are seeking a well-rounded, forward-thinking, team-centric leader with strong communication skills, a passion for industrial mechanics, technology, and a proven ability to execute.
This unique position enables you to build and run the operation from the ground up. You’ll have the ability to do product development, contribute to ongoing system improvements, and participate in our R&D activities.
You must be passionate about the environment and making a difference in the world, as it is the foundation of what we do.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Innovation Center.
- Assist with process improvements and initiating change.
- Help develop and adhere to Innovation Center policies and other regulatory requirements for health and safety
- Manage the team’s workload and in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), to which you will help improve upon
- Analyze knowledge and process data
- Make decisions on equipment maintenance and improvement activities
- Develop the Innovation Center’s inventory and facilities management systems
- Establish the Innovation Center’s process flows (intake, processing & outtake)
- Oversee ByFusion’s testing procedures
- Build, lead, and inspire a young team.
- Well-rounded individual, who aspires to be a leader.
- Effective, out-of-the-box, logical critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Thrive in a team environment.
- Willing to roll up their sleeves.
- Understands how to work an assembly line, and motivate the team around safety requirements.
- Understands process equipment, material handling, basic concepts of manufacturing management.
- Highly organized, extremely proactive.
- Systems oriented
- Must be able to embrace new ideas and concepts for the betterment of product development, the production process, and building
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-organization, motivation, and time management
- Strong relationship-building skills – both internal and external
- 5+ years experience at a distribution center, warehouse, waste management, or similar
- Excellent computer skills, including Advanced Excel and/or related project management software
- Sufficient knowledge of relevant mathematics and can analyze data related to production
- Trade qualification in this area
- Knowledge and practical experience of very high standard welding
- Ability to assess weld procedures, electrical diagrams
- Experience with CAD, SolidWorks, or similar
- Licensed forklift operator
BS in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
This is a full-time position.