ByFusion is a waste to infrastructure company dedicated to providing innovative solutions to address the global plastic crisis.
Recognized by Fast Company, The New York Times, US Green Building Council Net Zero Accelerator, B Corps Best for the World, 1% for the Planet’s Innovation of the Year, Waste Dive’s ‘Most Disruptive Innovation of the Year’, and an essential cog in the wheel of circular economy, our systems convert all types of waste plastic – including marine debris and fishing nets – into an advanced building material called ByBlock® that enables communities, corporations and governments to block plastic waste for good!
ByFusion believes Earth and our team are our most valuable resources. We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion throughout our company. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Our relatively flat organizational structure keeps everyone informed and enables people to get involved in solving the problems they care about most.
We are seeking a highly motivated leader to develop our global quality and compliance strategy. The Director of Quality & Compliance will have the critical role of ensuring we continue to work in compliance with global quality standards and regulatory requirements across key areas including strategic business programs and affiliations, manufacturing, health and safety, accreditations, and financial systems.
You must be passionate about the environment and making a difference in the world, as it is the foundation of what we do.
- Develop quality policies and SOPs to assure compliance to regulatory filings as well as global regulations and guidance
- Develop internal operations quality and compliance plans based on business, program, and regulatory requirements as well as risk considerations
- Provide leadership to stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure global product compliance requirements are understood
- Lead the development and implementation of measures to drive continuous improvement across key business operations to enhance quality and compliance
- Responsible for establishing the strategic direction for our quality management and compliance programs, and the implementation of quality policies across the company and for our partners worldwide
- Develop robust management action plans to address remediation and resolution of deficiencies identified through audits and inspections; follows up on closure of corrective and preventive action plans
- Proactively identify and alert senior management of significant quality and compliance risks
- Support domestic and international Regulatory Authority Inspections as needed
- Oversee the deployment of Quality Management Tools and coach team members across the company on how to integrate them into daily operations
- Provides guidance and decisions on product development activities to ensure continued compliance with internal procedures and applicable regulatory and international standards
- Prepare and/or review documentation required for regulatory submissions
- Actively identify and lead initiatives toward continuous development, training, mentoring, and/or coaching of teams at all levels
- Build, lead, and inspire a team from the ground up
- Excellent working knowledge of effective international quality and compliance program development and implementation
- Ability to build strong relationships to foster a collaborative approach to proactive compliance activities
- Extensive experience with auditing, preparing reports based on audits data analysis
- Ability to prioritize multiple priorities, projects, and team members, and to changing business needs
- Proven ability to navigate through challenging situations, effectively drive initiatives through persuasive and inspirational leadership, and encourage active participation by forming cross-functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement multiple, large-scale projects with minimal supervision
- Must be able to influence and negotiate with people and gain consensus that drives toward resolution
- 10-15 years related experience in industrial, manufacturing, consumer products, quality, and/or consulting roles
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Quality Auditor, Quality Manager, Six Sigma Black Belt, or similar achievements preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math or equivalent preferred
This is a full-time position
Los Angeles, CA