ByFusion is a waste to infrastructure company dedicated to providing innovative solutions to address the global plastic crisis.
Recognized by Fast Company, The New York Times, US Green Building Council Net Zero Accelerator, B Corps Best for the World, 1% for the Planet’s Innovation of the Year, Waste Dive’s ‘Most Disruptive Innovation of the Year’, and an essential cog in the wheel of circular economy, our systems convert all types of waste plastic – including marine debris and fishing nets – into an advanced building material called ByBlock® that enables communities, corporations and governments to block plastic waste for good!
ByFusion believes Earth and our team are our most valuable resources. We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion throughout our company. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Our relatively flat organizational structure keeps everyone informed and enables people to get involved in solving the problems they care about most.
We are looking for a talented, high-motivated Product Designer to work on various products developed for our clients, partners, and internal requirements.
To be successful in this role, you should have an eye for color and shape and be able to translate requirements into practical product features. You will be hands-on from concept to prototype building, and market readiness. Ultimately, you will help us build products that are easy to use and visually appealing to our clientele.
You must be passionate about the environment and making a difference in the world, as it is the foundation of what we do.
- Identifying opportunities for new products
- Analyzing how a new product ties in with market needs and consumer preferences
- Setting design requirements based on briefs from internal teams and external partners
- Consult with clients to determine design requirements
- Research the various ways a particular product might be used, and its end-user(s)
- Use computer software to develop virtual models of different designs and associated product materials
- Create physical prototypes of design concepts
- Examine materials and manufacturing requirements to determine production costs
- Work with other specialists, such as mechanical engineers and manufacturers, to evaluate whether their design concepts will fill needs at a reasonable cost
- Evaluate product safety, appearance, and function to determine if a design is practical
- Present designs and demonstrate prototypes to clients for approval
- 2+ years experience in industrial design, product design, or similar role
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with power tools
- Ability to communicate conceptual designs into sketches or computer rendering for evaluation and development
- Proficient in CAD, 3D modeling software, and/or design programs (such as Illustrator and Sketchup)
- Must be able to think and design outside the box while maintaining a commercial appeal
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must feel comfortable packing and presenting your ideas to an audience with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions
- At ease working independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
BSc/MSc in Product Design, Manufacturing Design Engineering or relevant field
This is a full-time position
Los Angeles, CA